Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Aloha Tilda at Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge



A very happy Wednesday to everyone!! I hope that your week is going exceptionally well and that you are peeking toward the end of the week!! I am down to only 12 more radiation sessions left and I can hardly wait until they are ALL long gone!! BUT I am thinking that my brain is frying at the same time they are burning my other body parts!!! LOL!! Thank heavens for Lidocaine ointment...but somehow that doesn't work for my brain!!! hahaha

I had completely forgotten to post the card I did for the Aloha Challenge over at Really Reasonable Ribbon--know that there is still time to participate for a nice prize because it doesn't end until August 31...so hurry!!!! And I am telling you that Bonnie has the most amazing shop filled with the most wonderful ribbons and trims as well as other embellies...Have a look HERE and I'm sure you will be amazed too. Her customer service is so commendable as well!!!!

For my card I used Bazzill for the base, all matting is PTI, and the DP is The Tropics by Reminisce. All background panels were machine stitched. For the ALOHA subject the very first image I thought about was Hawaii Tilda (which I had never used before) and Hawaii Palm to set the scene. Although both of these images are from the Party and Vacation Collection 2008 from Magnolia-licious, it doesn't look as though either of them are available at the moment. Of course there are so many more cute, cute travel images in the new Bon Voyage Collection...we almost have the entire world covered by now!!!! I stamped the scene on Cryogen White and then stamped Tilda twice on the same type of paper. All were colored with Copics. Tilda was cut out twice and each image was propped up for much dimension and depth. To set the scene for Tilda, I added Sand Ultra Fine Flower Soft for the beach and added a sand dollar and sea shell at her hula dancing tootsies. I found the ALOHA puffed up thing in my stash and had to add it to the scene. The front was completed with a horizontal and matching Bow-Easy bow using beautiful Fuchsia Silk ribbon from RRR, adding a palm tree charm to the bow. For the right corner I added a hibiscus flower, using flat flowers from Crafty Feeling and banana leaves. The front was finished with square fuchsia rhinestones. Doesn't she make you want to dance the hula and sit down to a luau??? smiling!!



The same paper was used on the inside of the card and I attempted to use it so that the fuchsia flowers, palm tree, and pineapple would be evident. On the first panel I merely added another silk bow and a silver orchid on a silver cord. For the second panel I added another bow topped with a palm tree button and a flat flower at the botton of the jotting spot....Fuchsia rhinestones were used on all corners of the inside too!

Remember to come on over to the RRR Challenge Blog and show us your ALOHA card...we would love to see it!!!

Thank you so much for dropping by to see what's happening here and I hope you will come back often!! Hey!!! It's almost time for some SWEET STUFF, isn't it??? YES, it is!!! So maybe by this weekend I can have something put together...smile...I hope the rest of your week is a happy one!!! Be safe and big hugs til we meet again!!!!

42 comments:

Sian said...

Wonderful card, love the big bows and all the embellishments, they make the card extra special.

La Vikinga said...

Beautiful with this new (?) Tilda and all these bright colours that meke me evoke summer days again!!!

Charlotta

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful card....

Diana Crick said...

Hu-la-la, she is gorgeous. LOVE the ribbons and bows, they add such charm to your card. Superb Jacque. Glad you are seeing the end of the road with the treatments.
hugs, Diana

Tonje said...

Gorgeous card.

Kimberly S said...

Oh wow, so pretty! Absolutely love the flower you added. :)

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Fab card. Glad that your treatment is almost over. x

Grenouille Greetings said...

And aloha to you too! Lovely card, Jacque! Hope you are feeling better! Warmest wishes, Lesley

Rene said...

Aloha! She is divine!

Danielle Champagne said...

Aloha! Jacque, you made me discover Hawaii Tilda, I had no idea that there exist such a stamp! I sent Tilda in Hawaii in one of my stories!!!! I am happy to see No. 12 countdown appear. Yessss Hang in there. the 10 fingers are coming soon.
Aloha means peace, love and affection: I am sending this kind of wave from Montreal to you.
Take care.
Hugs.
Danielle.

Tanya said...

Oh so cute! The inside is gorgeous too, fabulous!

Lori said...

This is a vision of loveliness Jacque! Beautiful work : )

You are almost at the finish line - yay!!! Now you can see the light at the end of the tunnel and can put it all behind you! As far as your mind... I STILL have trouble with that haha

Lots and lots of healing love and hugs ~ Lori

Christina C. said...

What an amazing creation again, Jacque....you didn't miss a beat here!!!! Love the paper and all the wonderful tropical themed embellishments!! Love the added flower!
Fantastic card...inside and out!
Hang in there, Sweetie, a new beginning is within reach!!!

Lisette Morris said...

Fabulous Card! All it's elements are perfect! We are all counting down with you and sending prayers and wishes.

Candy said...

Hi Jacque,
What beautiful paper!! Love your ribbon, shells and charms that always add so much to your cards. Tilda is wonderful.
Hugs, Candy

bernietom47 said...

Wonderful card, love all the embellishments.
Praying your head feels better.
Blessings Bernie

Rufus said...

Doesn't she look like she's having the BEST time! Counting down 12, 11, 10... keep hanging in there. I'm amazed that you've managed to keep up with all your marvelous creations at all with what you've had going on in your life! You really are an amazing inspiration!
Thanks,
R/

Rhonda Miller said...

What a great card. I love the image. Soo cute.

I'm hoping the time goes fast for you. You're such a trooper.

Hugs,
Rhonda

Ujjwal said...

Lovely card!! Love the bold colors...the big bow and the inside is as beautiful as always.

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

Gosh I would love to see your craft room - you seem to have every cool embellie, paper, piece of ribbon & so on that there is to have.... Feel good sweet Jacque, I wish I could just blink and forward you through this treatment!
Great card.

ursula Uphof said...

Such a fantastic creation Jacque, just right for our summer coming up. Counting down with you, almost 2 hands now. At least you have an excuse for the "brain thing". we don't. Take care and warm wishes.

Tammy said...

Such a beautiful card! Thank you for sharing with us and I want you to know you are such a brave lady!

KellyW said...

Beautiful, beautiful card!

Maria Therese said...

Lovely summer card!!!

Shirley N said...

Aloha Jacque! What a beautiful card, love your gorgeous Hawaiian setting with lovely Tilda! I am counting down the days with you and am so inspired by your strength and your spirit. Take care sweet Jacque, you're almost there!

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

She is gorgeous! It's the most brilliant summer card with fab pink bows!
Hang in there sweetie, sending blessing your way!

Hugs
Maarit

slinkycat said...

This card made me smile, it's so fun and I love the colours.
Glad you are on a countdown for the end of being zapped! I remember my auntie's treatment (she is doing fine now) I have been visiting your blog so know it's been a long road. I think you're pretty great :)

Leanne x

Stempelhexe said...

Oh what a wonderful card, the stamp is so cute and the combination of the colours is really fantastic, great !!!

Greetings
Ulla

Teri said...

Oh my goodness, another gorgeous creation!! I love the way you made your scene, Jacque!!! So summery and I want to go to Hawaii!!!!!! LOL!!
Counting down with you and hoping each time goes better!!!
Hugs,
Teri

Danielle said...

What a wonderful card Jacque - so happy and bright! That paper is so perfect too - just beautiful! My thoughts continue to be with you as you ride through this final countdown of radiation treatment!
Big hugs, Danielle x

StampinCathy said...

This is one bright and cheery card. I just love this card inside and out. Thanks for always inspiring me.

paperpapier said...

i love the fuchsia silk ribbon, it look so stunning on the card! Lovely, lovely,lovely and sweet card.
hugs, heaney

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Jacque,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Auntie Em said...

How exotic! I love the fushia bows and bling to enhance the flowers. She's so cute standing there on her 'sandy' beach!
Thanks for sharing! :o)

Pat said...

Jacque, that is a wonderful card! Thank you for sharing. You have such an eye for color and layout.

Do take care of yourself, and get the needed rest. You will be well, and this will just seem like a bad dream before long!
Hugs, Pat Smith

Moni said...

Hi Jacque stunning card as always, love the paper and all details you have used on the card. Hugs,moni

Ansi said...

Hi! I love the card, it makes me smile!!
Summer is over here in Sweden, so your card makes me long for summer and sun:)
Hugs

Rene said...

Greetings from Australia Jacque, lovely card and keep your chin up.
Rene from OZ xo

Carolina said...

Lovely card! So much fun!

Sarah said...

This is stunning, love those big pink bows xxx

Kim. said...

I love, love, love this scene card. It is gorgeous.
Kim xXx

Margo said...

Hi Jacque,
I really love your cards, and your explanation really helps me.
Greetz
Margo